We are looking for a skilled Data Engineer to work for our client, an innovative Silicon Valley company whose platform is used by Airbnb, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. This is an excellent opportunity to become a key contributor for our client who was chosen by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of 2015’s Brilliant 100 Companies.
You will work from Sofomo’s headquarters in Wroclaw. You will be integrated into the client’s Silicon Valley engineering team. This is not a project-based position. This is a full-time, long-term position with the opportunity to travel to the client’s office in Silicon Valley two times per year.
This position involves more than just building and maintaining ETL pipelines. You will be responsible for building highly scalable data management systems and implementing machine learning and predictive modeling techniques that will have a major impact on the company.
This is an excellent opportunity for smart data engineers who want autonomy and the freedom to turn their big data ideas into reality.
- Designing, constructing, installing and maintaining highly scalable data management systems. Once continuous data pipelines are installed, the company’s data scientists will be able to pull relevant data sets for their analysis.
- This job involves more than just building and maintaining ETL pipelines. You will need to be innovative and provide creative solutions for designing highly scalable data management systems.
- Employing a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry systems together.
- Resolving problems related to database integration and messy, unstructured data sets.
- Building pipelines for data mining processes.
- Implementing new ways to process data at lightning speed.
- Implementing machine learning and predictive modeling techniques (e.g. recommending content to users & ranking content to users based on multiple variables).
- Experienced at building large-scale data processing systems.
- An expert in data warehousing solutions. You can work with the latest (NoSQL) database technologies.
- Extensive knowledge in different programming or scripting languages, such as Java, Linux, C++, PHP, Ruby, Python and/or R. Also knowledge regarding different (NoSQL or RDBMS) databases such as MongoDB or Redis and building data processing systems with Hadoop and Hive using Java or Python.
- Experienced in creating high-performance algorithms, prototypes and predictive models.
- Experienced in predictive modeling and natural language processing and text analysis.
- Experienced in machine learning techniques.
- Competitive salary.
- Challenging work on complex and very innovative projects.
- Work in an international environment.
- Generous benefits package with all kinds of great stuff.
- Trainings accustomed to your needs.
- Company social and integration events (eg. bowling, lasertag, go-karts).
- Flexible working environment.
- Office near Wroclaw’s city center.
- Cozy and friendly atmosphere.